Saturday, December 01, 2007

Advent Poems (Dec 1st) - Advent Calendars


I love advent – advent calendars
The chocolaty, picture based, countdown challengers
I love opening advent doors
Advent windows, advent drawers

December first and I start counting
Christmas is coming, the excitements mounting
Put up the tinsel, break out the lights
Stockings are great but you’ll get more in tights

Keep shopping, no stopping it all starts here
December the first – it’s commercial cheer
The presents, the trees, the food – it’s great
Putting off budgets and putting on weight

I’m already singing, I’m already Dancing
And Dashing and Blitzing and Donning and Prancing
It’s time to join throngs of festive scavengers
And it all starts here with advent calendars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

advent drawers??

Glyn Harries said...

What?! You've never opened a advent drawer? You are so pre-postmodern.

Anonymous said...

Glyn, your face is scary but your poem was fun.
Suz x