Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My name is Pressure Father...apparently.

I have just discovered the unbridled joy that is the Google translation service. Today, me and Andy M (work colleague) created many wonderful variations on popular sayings, worship songs and the Lord's Prayer. I have just got home and I decided to play some more. I typed in "My name is Glyn Harries and I am 22 years old" and translated it into various different languages and then back into English. Here are the results:

(English)
My name is Glyn Harries and I am 22 years old

(German)
My name is pressed Glyn and I is 22 years old.

(French)
My name is tight Glyn and I east 22 years.

(Spanish)
My name is years of the east tightened of Glyn and I 22.

(Italian)
My name is years of the tight east of Glyn and the 22.

(Portuguese)
My name is years of the pressed east of Glyn and the 22.

(Arabic)
Highest years of pressure east of the father and 22.

(Japanese)
The father and the year when pressure of east of 22 is highest.

(Korean)
The father and the year when the pressure on east of 22 is highest.

(Chinese)
And the father in the East is the highest pressure 22.

So what have we learnt? That if we translate them enough, simple introductions can become surreal yet profound sounding Chinese proverbs. God bless the internet.

1 comment:

Matt Leeder said...

Awesome blog - Great comedy transaction. lol as always. Well done *****

(I'm sorry is this ebay?)