Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Challenge! - Day 9

Er, no. No it didn't happen. My Aramaic name deciphering lie was deemed either not convincing or not interesting enough to make it to press. I'm not sure if I'll get away with too many more lies as I had to give quite a few details in my email on this one. They wanted my phone number and my post code and stuff. I don't know if they keep the details to make sure that people aren't merely writing in on a daily basis in an attempt to have a lie published in a national newspaper. I even tried to counter this yesterday by setting up a new email account (if anyone wants to send emails that will never get checked send them to glyn.harries@hotmail.co.uk - actually scratch that, just send them to any one of my email addresses. I never check them.) as I didn't think that quailman_bogroll @hotmail.com was the email address of someone who would know the Aramaic origins of weird names. Maybe I'll just have to keep creating new email accounts with each new lie (maybe it's about time to use Dr Thomwicket III) or maybe I should try another newspaper. The Mail have a whole section in their paper that deals with answers to strange questions. Maybe I should give that a go...

No comments: