Thursday, November 09, 2006

Kunskapsskolan - Don't ask me how you say that.

I've just had a teacher training session in which we were talking about the Swedish education system (specifically looking at Kunskapsskolan schools if you want to check it out). It's completely different to ours and sounds awesome. Basically, the kids get to pick the lessons they want to go to and construct their own timetable week by week. It's personalised learning to the extreme. It's incredible although I'm not sure that it would work over here.

The thing is, the guy telling us about it kept saying things like: "if we look at the Swedish model..." and "what the Swedish model shows us..."

I laughed.

I got strange looks.

1 comment:

Mitchenstein said...

I had to do a little bit of a double take when I opened your blog and saw a Swedish word - I'd just finished a Swedish translation and your blog really confused me! I was like... 'what's my language?!' (I don't usually expect to see Swedish on my English friends' blogs!) Well done! (it's important to encourage).